Wednesday, August 5, 2009

River Horse - Summer Blonde

I asked my wife which beer out of the River Horse variety pack she wanted and she quickly picked the Summer Blonde. My mind raced and came to the conclusion that she was trying to tell me something. Something exciting, exotic, and dirty.

Alas, she just picked it because of the yellow label but I can still dream.

This beer is like many summer blondes I've known in the past. It's good looking from a distance, but upon closer inspection, it smells like cheap flowers on top of canned peas.

As for the taste. This beer doesn't really taste bad but it doesn't really taste good either. It's very thin, with a sweet, crisp taste. If it had a little more body it might be a decent beer.

This beverage may appear to be a peroxide fueled summer delight but at the end of the night, your mouth will feel a little waxy and cheap. They should change the name of it to Skank Ho beer. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment