Tuesday, August 4, 2009

River Horse - Hop Hazard

Good evening fellow beer drinkers. I am happy to report that I am on vacation in beautiful Wellsboro, PA.

Ahhh, nothing is more refreshing to the soul than crisp mountain air and a tasty micro-brew to tickle the palate.

Entertaining my mouth and gullet this week is the River Horse Variety Pack. As with almost everything else I buy, I was drawn in by the fancy packaging. In this case, a picture of a hippopotamus.

My first selection for the night was a lovely beer called Hop Hazard. As I poured this beer into my 6 ounce motel glass I was quickly impressed by the beautiful orange color and thick head. Upon taking the first swig, I was pleased to discover that this beer tastes as good as it looks. The first swallow has a slight citrus overtone but it finishes off with a bold, earthy hop taste. This beer would be a good choice to slowly drink with dinner or to pound until vomiting. Very versatile indeed. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment